noon-1 p.m. Women’s Law Student Association Networking Event
Moderator: Professor Cora True-Frost L’01
WLSA members will join College of Law alumnae for a virtual conversation to discuss professional experiences and career paths.
2-5 p.m. An Afternoon with the Corporate Law Society
Programs will include a discussion with general counsels and chief legal officers representing diverse corporate clients, and a panel designed to educate our students about the many corporate career paths ahead.
2-3:15 p.m. “Inside the Minds” of Inside Counsel
Moderator: Marnin Michaels L’96
- Keisha Audain Pressley L’00, Executive Vice President, Legal and Compliance, PIMCO
- Amanda Dondero L’11, Counsel, Change Healthcare
- Michael Dufault L’95, Senior Vice President and Group General Counsel, Jet Aviation
- Jeffrey Gutierrez L’97, Vice President and Assistant General Counsel, Semtech (International) AG
- The Hon. Kirk E. Miller L’76, Senior Vice President and General Counsel, Kaiser Foundation Health Plan (Ret.); Deputy Secretary and General Counsel, California Natural Resources Agency (Ret.)
- Josh Patterson L’00, General Counsel, Akcea Therapeutics
3:30-5 p.m. Practicing Corporate Law
Moderator: Professor Danielle Stokes
- Emanuela (Amy) D’Ambrogio L’02, Special Counsel, Barclay Damon
- Hermes A. Fernandez L’81, Partner, Bond, Schoeneck & King
- Francisco (Cisco) Palao-Ricketts L’03, Partner, DLA Piper
- David P. Wales L’95, Partner, Skadden Arps Slate Meagher & Flom LLP
- Lana Yaghi L’14, Senior Attorney, Miller Canfield
4-5:15 p.m. Explore the Legal and Societal Ramifications of COVID-19 on Marginalized Populations
(Diversity and Inclusion CLE: 1 credit)
Moderator: Fulvia Vargas L’15
4:30-5:30 p.m. Law Review Open House
Meet the Syracuse Law Review Executive Board and student editors in this year’s virtual conference room.
7-8 p.m. Travis H.D. Lewin Advocacy Honor Society Alumni Group Kick-Off
Join Professor Todd Berger, Professor Emeritus Travis H.D. Lewin, Professor Emil Rossi L’72, alumni, and students to kick-off our new AHS Alumni Group. Reminisce with your professors, former teammates, and competitors.
7:45 p.m. Mackenzie Hughes LLP Edmund H. Lewis Appellate Advocacy Competition
LiveStream via YouTube